Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Claim - Work it Girl!

We just completed our first Gifted and Called seminar at Central Baptist this past weekend and what a blast was had by all….



There were grand “aha” moments, lots of laughter and most important of all, we applied God’s word to every aspect of what we discovered.



One of the best parts for me was hearing Dayna Olson Brooks, my fellow facilitator walk us through claiming our gifts. She described the good ole days of staking a claim on the prairie. The Canadian government was generous in giving away the land but once you claimed your little piece of the Prairie you had to work that land….it is not enough to have a patch of grass to call your own, you have to cultivate that land and produce something….


What a great snapshot of the gifts that God gives each of us…..once we have a handle on our patch of land (our gifts and abilities) we need to work that claim…sometimes the work is tough, thankless and the fruit looks pitiful BUT perseverance produces hope…. (Romans 5:4)



God has called us to claim our gifts and work them out for His glory….I am so encouraged to see women respond to God’s call on their lives….

 
I love Hebrews 10:7…. “Then I said, “here I am – it is written about me in the scroll – I have come to do your will, O God”


May we all model Jesus’ words…


HERE I AM – I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to the topic and/or question that has been posed.