Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Introduction

Welcome to the Women's Ministry Connection Blog  


8:36pm Beginning a blog is like learning to drive...I think for the first while you are ever so careful to follow all the rules and behave in a law-abiding fashion.....then, once comfortable with the whole thing you begin to take liberties, not so much because you want to be a rebel but because your attention to the nuances of good writing is forced into the backseat....maybe even the trunk as exuberance for the destination supersedes all good prose and grabs the wheel and takes off in the direction that your English professor told you would end in the literary scrap yard affectionately called goobley gook....I DID NOT MAKE THAT UP!

6am: As I write this note, it is important that all of you know that this is the first blog I have ever written and I hardly know what I am doing. I suppose it does not help that it is 6am and I left my coffee cup sitting in the kitchen. That information should lead you to the logical conclusion that I actually did not plan to start the blog right now....but here I am, rambling on about nothing in particular.....life is like that most of the time....we trundle through our days and wonder how life could be made up of laundry piles and dusty furniture and of late in my world, muffin tops....(not the kind that come out of the oven, but the ones that Reitman's says they can help you get rid of with the right pant size )


The thing is, muffins tops, weird curly gray hair that is discovered by your hairdresser on the same day that you announced to your girlfriends that you have no gray...(oops, I think that the Lord heard my less than humble proclamation)..... laundry, dust and bunions are all part of the life that we live.

Before we actually get to the task at hand, I will answer your question....I started this blog at 6am and am finishing it at 8:45ish pm.....the entries are backwards because the other way they don't make sense. Although, either way they hardly make sense.

This Blog is meant to be a place to share ideas and encouragement in and around the topic of ministry to women.

There are a few things that you need to know about this blog:

1. I will ramble at will, especially if something amusing has caught my attention.

2. I will pose questions to you regarding ministry.....all kinds of ministry to women

3. I want you to respond and give input and ideas that we can use and learn from regarding women's ministry.

4. Each Blog entry will have a Question of the Day or a Quote of the Day....something for you to ponder or comment on.

5. I am confident that this blog will morph as I figure out what I am doing.....one thing for sure....we will not take ourselves too seriously!

Question of the Day? How do you know when you are called by God to a ministry?

Thank you for bearing with me...I hope we can enjoy this trip together!

Krista Penner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to the topic and/or question that has been posed.